As a student in the primary level you will have to master a number of basic money skills in order to solve problems. They are:
- Coin recognition
- Value of coins
- Using the values of coins
- Counting sets of coins
- Equivalent collections of coins (same amounts, different coins)
- Selecting coins for a given amount, and
- Making change
This lesson page focuses on the above skills. The page for Money 2 will then focus on percentages, ratio and proportion, wages, rates, and bills.
You should note:
- There are 100 one-cent pieces in $1.
- There are 20 five-cent pieces in $1.
- There are 10 ten-cent pieces in $1.
- There are 4 25-cent pieces in $1.
Therefore: $2.05 shows the dollars and cents. The decimal numbers shows 2 places after the point for cents and dollars are placed before the point.
The following are the topics under money:
- Basic Money Skills
- Ratio and Proportion
- Wages and Salaries
- Rates and Bills
- Understanding Commerce
Note: There are worksheets within each topic above.