Here is an opportunity for you to practice identifying errors in essay writing.
Tips to help you avoid errors:
- Pay close attention to the key words used in the topic.
- Do not use apostrophes with inanimate objectives .
- Avoid abbreviations.
- Use words instead of figures.
- Don’t break up words without any thought of syllabication.
- Use inverted commas around slangs, dialects, and local saying.
- Keep the sequence of tenses; don’t switch from present to past.
- Don’t use etc. Use for instance or example.
- Don’t use ‘alright’ for ‘yes‘.
- Proof read your essay. Read out loud (even in a whisper without disturbing, others if you are in class) helps you identify errors.
Sometimes we say utterly foolish things. This is why you must proof read your essays.
I hope to attend the concert which took place last week.