A proverb is a wise saying which has been in use for hundreds of years.
Here are some more proverbs you should know.
- As you make your bed so must you lie in it.
- A stitch in time saves nine.
- A rolling stone gathers no moss.
- Any time means no time.
- All’s well that ends well.
- A friend in need is a friend indeed.
- Habit is a second nature.
- It’s a long lane that has no turning
- Look before you leap.
- One good turn deserves another.
- No news is good news.
- Exchange is no robbery.
- Better than half a loaf than on bread.
- Every cloud has a silver lining.
- He laughs best who laughs last.
- Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
- Misery makes strange bedfellows.
- Make hay while the sun shines.
- Necessity is the mother of invention.
- Let sleeping dogs lie.
It is a good idea to learn these proverbs and their mea