Mental math skills is important. You can develop your mental math skills by doing one of the following:
- You can learn to add numbers quickly.
- You can move the numbers around in your head.
- You can round numbers.
- You can simplify the problems.
- You can develop your mental math strategies.
- You can practice these mental strategies.
So, working out calculations in your head is referred to as mental math. There are a number of mental math strategies you can use.
Here is a video slide explaining mental strategies. You may pause the video as you move through it.