The Foods We Eat Daily
The foods we eat can be grouped:
- Bread, cereals, rice, pasta and noodles.
- Vegetables and legumes
- milk, yogurt, cheese and other alternatives
- lean meat, fish, poultry, egg, nuts and legumes
Creating a balanced diet for a meal
A healthy meal builds a healthy lifestyle. Here are some things you should do to make sure your meals are healthy.
- Half your plate should have veggies and fruits.
- Include whole grain.
- Include dairy.
- Eat lean meats.
- Avoid eating heavy gravies and sauces.
- Eat naturally sweet desserts.
Food Preparation for meals
Food must be prepared in a safe and clean environment. Here are some important things to remember when preparing food.
- Do not eat too much packaged or processed foods. they increase your intake of salt, sugar, and fats.
- You can make use of herbs and spices rather than salts.
- Do not overcook food. Cook food in a little water for a short period of time.
- Use healthy cooking methods such as broiling, grilling and roasting.
Make wise choices!