The perimeter of any shape is the distance measured around a 2-dimensional shape.
The perimeter is 5 + 5 + 6 + 7 = 13 feet
Geoboards can be very helpful in understanding perimeter and area.
Here are some links to geoboards:
Exercises that you can do on your geoboards.
- Copy a shape. Copy large shapes.
- Divide and make smaller shapes with larger shapes.
- You can choose to make certain types of shapes only.
- Find the perimeter of the shapes you make.
- Find the perimeter of the combined shapes you make.