This is a simple activity to help you understand more about technology today.
0 of 2 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 2 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Indicate TRUE or FALSE for the following statement about technology. Type T or F in the space provided.
Correct 2 / 2 PointsIncorrect / 2 Points
Businesses make use of new technology to make work easier and faster.
New technology in businesses encourage workers to make more use of impersonal communication.
Match the then and now statements below.
- Washing machines clean clothes in less than an hour.
- Dryers turn wet clothes to dry clothes quickly.
- Refrigerators keep food cool or frozen
- Electric and gas ovens used for cooking mostly.
- Electric light bulbs are used everywhere.
- Vacuum cleaners are used for many types of cleaning.
- iPods can save as much as 40,000 songs in a handheld device.
Correct 7 / 7 PointsIncorrect / 7 Points
Clothes washed by hand with soap and water.
Clothes hung outside in the sun on clothes lines to dry.
Food kept cold in boxes with large blocks of ice.
Charcoal and wood stoves used for cooking and heating
Candlelight, oil lamps, and kerosene lamps lit most homes.
Household cleaning done with a broom and dustpan.
Hand-cranked phonographs used to play musical records.